Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Addicted to The Word

Lately God has shown me, to an even greater degree, the importance of His Word, as found in the Bible. The last two weeks I have been listening to a spoken version of the New King James Bible New Testament, day and night. All the time I am by myself, I listen to it. It’s on when I go to bed, it’s on when I stand up in the morning. It’s on my Ipod when I go somewhere. I’m totally addicted to the word, feeling how I get built up in my Spirit all the time, listening to these divine words.

Some philosophers have said that if they only had a solid point, they would be able to move the whole world. I see upon the Bible as a solid point in a moving world. I have had so many spiritual experiences. How can I know if God spoke through these or if it was only the Devil trying to confuse me? It’s only through The Word, The Bible. During the time I have been a Christian I have learned to know a lot of people. Some have been Christians, some New Age people, some from other religions. Many people have strong opinions about how things are, or ought to be. Even among Christians I encounter people having very different opinions and some times they all claim to have some kind of revelation that their theology is “the truth”. What I find very interesting when opinions differ, is to see what people base their opinions on. I have found that among Christians many build up some sort of theology based upon a mix of a few chosen bible verses, their own feelings and what this person defines as “logic”. It is also very popular to totally isolate some bible verse from its context. One example on strange theology: In the later months I have spoken with quite a few Christians speaking loudly and widely about some sort of big revelation that “there is no sin, everything is allowed”. Make a quick search on the word “sin” in your computer Bible and tell me there is no sin. If there is no sin, we don’t need God’s grace either.

One time I was visiting a woman, which I soon found out was a part of the New Age movement. She said that she was a Christian. She also said that she was a world servant, meaning that she prayed for the whole world. He spoke about some really big revelations she had, where she had been taken up into heaven and shown a lot of things. The only problem was that all the great things she had been shown and told didn’t match with the Bible. That was the only thing making me able to discern in this particular situation. I kind of sensed a “different spirit” over this woman, but I couldn’t tell if it was bad or good from what I was feeling in my spirit. As a matter of a fact, I felt a kind of peace in her home, which for me was hard to separate from the peace of God. Demons often try to imitate Gods qualities to try to fool people. At one time, there came a spirit into my room. It felt like a wave of love coming into the room, followed by something that actually reminded me of Gods presence. I could easily have been led to believe that this was one of Gods angels coming into my room. The only problem was that this spirit spoke contrary to Gods word, so I commanded it to leave in the name of Jesus, and it left. Many Christians believe that God is speaking for sure if they feel some kind of anointing, a chill, goose bumps or just have a great feeling about something. It is easy to forget that the Devil can turn himself into an angel of light if He wishes to do so. The Devil is an expert in camouflage and imitation. So HOW CAN WE KNOW IF IT IS GOD SPEAKING OR NOT? There is ONLY ONE WAY. We have to check if it MATCHES WITH THE BIBLE.

Unfortunately many Christians today disrespect the Bible and then also Jesus, who calls himself the Word (John 1). Many Christians turn the whole thing the other way around. They have some kind of opinion they have picked up somewhere, and they try to make the Bible match their opinion. In their attempt to do this, they often build theologies on a very shallow basis. Example: There are some people that start up with basing their world-view on what they call science. They are absolute convinced that humans have evolved from apes. They then find out that they want to believe in the Bible also, and tries really hard to make the Bible support this opinion. In their attempt to do so they make strange doctrines that sometimes spread like “common truth” in Christian churches. Today it is widely preached in Norway that: “The Bible is not supposed to teach us about science”. According to these people the only intention with the Bible story about the creation, is to show us that God created everything. All the details in the story is, according to this people, just the words of men – not of God. In other words: The Bible story is a fairy tale with some elements of truth in it, and it is up to us to decide what is fairy tale and what is truth. If we start to believe that the Bible is partly fairy tale and partly truth, we can actually preach whatever we want to and claim that the Bible verses supporting our theology is the truth and that the Bible verses which are contrary to our theology is fairy tales. I truly believe that it is important to start out with building our world-view on The Bible.

There is only one way in which you can avoid being flushed away by all kinds of opinions and doctrines. There is only one way you can separate what is the true Christian doctrine and what is some demonic attempt to mislead you. You have to build your life upon the rock. You have to stay close to Jesus and totally surrender to His Words as given in His Holy Book, The Bible. Amen.

1 Comments:

At 3:18 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

Keep going my friend, blessings Heidi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home