Friday, August 26, 2005

Tabor

We also went to the city Tabor, one and a half hours outside of Prague. Some of the followers of Jan Hus made an ideal city here, based upon their ideals. All food and valuables was shared. Then general Zizka came around and became the center of attention instead of Christ. Zizka became the symbol and official founder of the city. When the roman catholic church started to wage war against this city, the citizens literally made their plows into swords. They won several wars, but were finally defeated at the battle of Lipany in 1434. This reminds me of the words of Jesus that those who fight by the sword, shall die by it. Both Jan Hus and Wycliffe had proclaimed that no pope or bishop had the right to take up the sword in the name of the Church, but that he should pray for his enemies and bless those that curse him.

3 Comments:

At 7:24 PM, Blogger Sugar said...

I have enjoying your blog posts and photos. Can you share how you came to forming a children's ministry? What denomination do you belong to? Thanks.

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Jan Inge Saltskår said...

I started up doing children ministry in a church. I started to learn myself how to make balloon-figures, as I thought that would be great for communicating with the children. I already knew how to juggle and it didn't take long before the thought of doing clowning struck me. So me and a friend started up a clowning duo. We did ministry in some churches, including my own. We found it to be a great success. Even the adults laughed so hard that they cried, and the church I went to got more children coming in than they had in 20 years. At this point we also started to use our skills at a commericial level. After some time my friend found that God called him to do other things. At first I didn't know what to do next, since we had rehearsed skits that acquired two clowns and since I found that solo-clowning isn't half as fun as duo-clowning (as I see it). So I decided to put an emphasis on my strongest skill, which was balloon-twisting. Therefore I started a company that offers services like balloon clown for example for birthdays, balloon-deliveries, balloon-decor and so on. I also use my skills to preach the gospel and illustrate teachings, for example in a local Church in Oslo named Jesus Church.

 
At 3:24 AM, Blogger Sugar said...

Sounds very nice! Please do not forget my deaf and hard of hearing brothers and sisters in your part of the world. They need to know about Jesus too. You may or may not communicate in their language, but balloon arts is a common language that even they can understand. Mime is great too along with props. Keep walking in the Light!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home