Sunday, January 15, 2006

Clowning in State Church





Today I did a clowning act that was a part of the sermon in an 11 O'Clock Sunday meeting in a norwegian State Church named Oppsal Church. This church is just on the other side of the road from where I live. The sermon was about the seeds that was planted in the good soil and in the not so good soil. I "interrupted" the sermon coming up the church hall with a mega-big garbage container. I then began taking out plastic bags with garbage emtying them on the floor. My silly idea was that the garbage would rot and provide good soil as he was preaching about. We then had an interaction between me and the preacher (Karl Anders) which was funny and also said some biblical points in a very clear way. I got the idea that people found this clowning act very funny.

BTW: It was Karl Anders that came up with the ideas for this act, not me.

Pictures: To the left is a picture of the clock tower outside Oppsal Church (archive). To the right is a picture taken inside Oppsal Church a while after the clowning act.

2 Comments:

At 12:16 PM, Blogger Åse-Marie said...

Wow, så kreative dere er! Skulle gjerne vært i Oppsal kirke da! :-)

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Jan Inge Saltskår said...

Ja... Skulle vel egentlig fått det filmet... Får prøve å huske det neste gang.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home