Friday, January 20, 2006

Never Boring

This night when I laid down to sleep, I couldn't sleep. I ended up praying for something. I didn't know what I was praying for, but I felt that it was urgent and a matter of life or death in some situation. I laid and prayed in tongues and sometimes in norwegian as Jesus lead me. I prayed for a long time, then suddenly I felt that the situation was OK and I fell asleep. I don't know anything more about the situation I prayed for than I have written above. Talk about being on a need to know basis.

Things like this is not so unusual. It's not like it is pleasant or nice or that it always feel good, but at least it's never boring. Being together with Jesus is never boring. It's not like I have never been bored. Duuh. It's not like I'm perfect. Ironically enough - if I have ever been really bored it's been in so called christian meetings. Just like there ain't anything sadder than a sad clown, I guess there ain't anything more boring than hearing the most joyous, incredible message EVER, told in a boring way. Actually they have schools where people learn how to talk about Jesus in a boring way. They learn to talk in a certain way and are told that this is how they are supposed to preach. Problem is that everyone that is "good" at this sounds exactly the same. I get really really really bored the moment one of these guys open their mouth. Not much room for getting surprises and emotions coming up here (message and personality have to flow together - learning a certain "way" of doing things might constrain the personality in a bond/prison that God didn't intend and thus also limit the effect of an otherwise God-given message)...

Jesus conquered The Devil. He defeated the head of evilness. He took all our sin, there isn't any reason to feel guilt anymore. He took all our diseases upon himself. There isn't any reason to be sick anymore. How on earth can anyone talk about this without getting really emotionally involved?

Well. Point is... It's NEVER boring to walk together with Jesus.

2 Comments:

At 3:28 AM, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I really liked reading what you said and you have a point...preachers should never be boring to listen to.

We have a church here, where I live and the preacher is by NO MEANS BORING...He rants, raves, shouts with joy, paces all over the room as he preaches the word. He is definately not boring.

 
At 3:52 AM, Blogger Jan Inge Saltskår said...

Hi. Good to hear :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home