Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Finnish Drama: Via Dolorosa



This morning I went to Turku in Finland. I’m going to stay a couple of days and see some of my friends here.

This afternoon I went with Petra, Kaisu and Mia to see “Via Dolorosa”, it’s an Easter drama they have every year. The really cool thing was that the drama was outside and that the audience participated. During Jesus’ trial we were the crowd shouting: “Crucify!” (“Ristinaulitse!” in Finnish). It felt very strange to demand my Lord, saviour and best friend crucified.

You can also read about this play in Juha's blog under this post:
Via Dolorosa

Pictures: The role as Jesus is played by my friend Juha Ylinen. The inscription on the cross reads "Turkulaisten Kunungas", which means "King of Turku".

1 Comments:

At 10:14 PM, Blogger jaky82 said...

Hey Jan Inge!

It was a really hard role to play but luckily God really touched people's hearts with help of this Via Dolorosa and my performance.

Be blessed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home