Thursday, October 19, 2006

Hanna's Apartment

Today I visited Hanna. Her apartment was like a shrine for Jesus. His presence is so strong there, that I felt like falling down on my knees the moment I came in. All over she have decorated in a way that illustrates something about Jesus. Well... I won't share any pictures from her apartment, so you just gotta go there and see for yourself...

She shared a meal called 'kalakukko' with me. This meal is special for Kuopio. I tried to guess what was inside and went for chicken, but it was some sort of fish and some other stuff. It was.... Survivable.... Not too bad. I ate a decent portion, so I guess there is hope for me still. Maybe I even learn to like 'mämmi' some day.

We had 'Hermanni' for dessert, also called 'friendship cake'. This cake takes ten days to make. Every day you are supposed to stir and put something in it. I would like to see the recipy... Not too make it... Just because I'm curious. The friendship cake was very good, well worth the ten days for those who are pasient enough to go for the best.

2 Comments:

At 10:27 AM, Blogger Marianne said...

så kult:) du kunne godt lagt ut noen bilder da.. det hadde vært gøy:)

og den kaken høres interessant ut... men står den framme i 10 dager eller lagres den på en hyigenisk forsvarlig måte? :/

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Jan Inge Saltskår said...

Hakke fått oppskrifta på den kaka enda... Bilder kommer... Nå e e i Norge, så da e d litt lettere. E måtte gjøre alle bloggoppdateringane med mobben.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home