Monday, December 11, 2006

He Raised Me Up

Recently I have had the song "You Raise Me Up" on my mind. For me it's impossible to think of anything but Jesus when I hear this song.

Today while I was working, walking around in clowning clothes in an electronics store and making balloon-figures, this song was played on the speakers which could be heard all over the store. Not only once, but like once every twenty minutes/half hour or so through the whole 5 hours I worked there. I guess they had a short play list on repeat. I felt so blessed, Jesus telling me in this way that He is with me wherever I go.

You can download a cool video with this song here (from the website: www.fireonthealtar.com).

The lyrics go like this:

When I am down and, oh my soul, so weary;
When troubles come and my heart burdened be;
Then, I am still and wait here in the silence,
Until you come and sit awhile with me.

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;
You raise me up: To more than I can be.


The picture shows the front of the CD "Closer" by Josh Groban, featuring one of the most known of many versions of this song. Original music was written by a norwegian composer named Rolf Løvland. Original lyrics was written by Brendan Graham.

5 Comments:

At 2:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR SONG IT WAS THE BEST.

 
At 2:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR SONG IT WAS THE BEST.

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Deborah said...

THIS SONG IS JUST AWESOME

 
At 5:31 PM, Anonymous chy-chy said...

this song is one of my best any tym any day. i can play it over n over.

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Glynis said...

I'm a balloon artist, too, with 2 sons who juggle, and one is an international award-winning balloon artist.

Hey, did you know that JOSH GROBAN can JUGGLE? (I'd LOVE to get a picture of that!)

(See my son's pics at http://qwinkly.balloonhq.com)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home