Friday, April 14, 2006

Hazardous Driving

Today I went by train to Riihimäki, where I joined Heli, Antti and Markus in a car to Tammisaari. For some strange reason my Finnish friends didn’t trust their 20 year old beautiful car to take the main road, so they figured that countryside driving would be safer.

I’m telling you: We didn’t need anyone to tell us to pray. I’m talking roads not much broader than the car, with an incredible mix of much slippery snow and big water-filled ditches. At one point there were a tree growing in the middle of the road. The tree made us see a big ditch, which we had to avoid. Why use street signs when you can plant a tree?

Amazingly (thank you Jesus!) we all got to Tammisaari intact and in just double the time the main road would have taken.

Picture: The house where I spent most of the time in Tammisaari together with 12 friends.

2 Comments:

At 12:12 PM, Blogger Heli said...

Thanks for the trip :) I really love you guys <3

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Jan Inge Saltskår said...

Yea... Well... Guess if I was glad when I saw the cottage... Our desperate prayers was heard! A miracle had been done.

It was good to travel with you guys, both ways. I'm hoping to be seeing you here in Norway some time soon.

Much love from the Norwegian viking!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home