Monday, October 30, 2006

Please give us Jesus

Today I did a job for a state church in Oslo. They had sent out invitations to many people in the neighbourhood. They started the evening with food, then there were different activities for the children, like the balloon workshop I had for about 30 children. Afterwards there were a short gathering in the church room with some prayer and preaching. The preaching consisted of me telling the story when Zacchaeus met Jesus (Luke 19:1-10), illustrating with balloons while preaching. So naturally I had to make a balloon Jesus, which I gave to a kid when I had finished telling the story. Afterwards two small girls begged me to give them Jesus... A balloon Jesus that is... They were like: "We want Jesus, please give us Jesus". This was after I had finished and I was just about to clean up. And if you give something extra to one kid... But they were begging so sincerely, that they ended up receiving Jesus... The balloon Jesus that is.

What I really liked about this event was that I was given the opportunity to share about Jesus with people that doesn't go to church on a regular basis.

3 Comments:

At 2:44 PM, Blogger Marianne said...

ballongJesus? den Må du legge ut bilde av!!

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Jan Inge Saltskår said...

Lei for å skuffe deg. Det er bare en vanlig ballongmann, bare at jeg sier at det er Jesus.

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Marianne said...

så smart

 

Post a Comment

<< Home