Sunday, February 25, 2007

Lessons From Contact Improvisation

This evening I went to a contact improvisation jam. I danced with another person in a way, where I totally had to trust this person for balance all the time. In other words, I in myself were out of balance, but me and this person together were in balance. If this person would suddenly disappear, I would certainly fall. I think of this as a lesson in how to live my life, trusting God is always there.

In this kind of dancing, you have to be aware of the other person all the time, moving with the other person. I see this as a lesson in listening to God and moving with Him. When you dance like this, you form a unity. Both persons would fall and look stupid if the other person would disappear, but together you form a beautiful moving unity, a dance. I see this as a lesson in what it means to be one with Christ, and also what it means to be one with other Christ followers. In order to be one, we have to lean on and depend on eachother. If we "manage" by ourselves, we can never be one. When Jesus talked about us being one, I don't think He meant that just to be some kind of spiritual unseen reality that we can talk nicely about. I think He meant us to be dependent of eachother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home