Thursday, May 26, 2005

Prayer for The Jews

One of the days here, someone shared from Zechariah 8.23. We wanted to pray for the jews. One of the girls here has a grandfather that is jewish, so we held her as a representant of the jews. We all had our hands on her and prayed. After a while I started crying. At first I didn’t know why, but I cried even more. After I kind of stopped crying, I realized that this was all about reconciliation. During the Second World War, Norway gave up jews to the germans. They were norwegians and we should have defended them or sent them to safety. Instead we gave them up to a certain death. I looked at her and started to apologize as a norwegian to the jews for what we did during the Second World War. In the middle of my apology, I started to cry again. She said that she forgive the norwegians for what we did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home