Tuesday, April 18, 2006

More Pictures from Finland

Yesterday we drove back to Riihimäki, where I spent the night. This morning I went back to Norway. Here are some more pictures from my visit to Finland:


Left: Anu - Her and some other friends was kind enough to make lunch for me one of my days in Turku. I LOVE Finnish food (the mämmi is an exception). How they make the food is a well kept secret though. Try ask them for a recipy: "Well... I think it's made of something like... Well... It's not hard to make". That's what you usually get...
Right: My good friend Maarit.


Left: Katri (Miss Karila) and Mia. Katri was kind enough to rehearse swedish with me.
Right: Antti and Markus demonstrates the world famous Finnish violence. The winner gets to eat the rest of the mämmi.


Left: Anna and Kaisu. The cottage we lived in for the weekend is owned by Anna's grandparents. They live there themselves in the summer.
Right: Elisa was kind enough to try to learn me jenka, which is a traditional Finnish folk-dance. Well... It was kind of hard, but they say that this is an important Finnish tradition, so I must try again next time I'm in Finland.


Left: Markus - The famous Finnish stunt car racer. Well... At least he drove us safe from Riihimäki to Tammisaari. He lives in Riihimäki together with Pauli, Mikko and Antti.
Right: Kaisu and Katri.


Left: Artistic picture. Kaisu is giving Anna a haircut. I took the picture through the window, so what you see is partly the reflection in the window and partly what's inside the window. Kaisu gave several haircuts in Tammisaari.
Right: Anna is wondering how her hair is going to look like.



Left: Heli and Paula. Who will wash the dishes?
Right: Sometimes we made music together. It's great to worship Jesus through music.


Left: The water we bathed in after sauna.
Right: Finnish forest.


Left: Me and Juha are fighting over who will get the biggest portion of mämmi.
Right: Kaisu, Antti, Paula and Markus are ice-walking.


Left: Simo - I guess he is laughing out of one of my jokes.
Right: Kaisu, Elisa, me, Maarit, Eeva and Heli in a group hug.


Elisa, me, Maarit, Eeva and Heli in a group hug. It was sad to leave all my Finnish friends, but I say like my big role model Arnold Schwarzenegger alias The Terminator: I'll be back!

More pictures on Juha's blog under the following posts:
1) Kuvia Perheväen Pääsiäisestä Tammisaaressa
2) YYA----Yhteyttä, Ystävyyttä ja Armoa

2 Comments:

At 6:41 PM, Blogger Marianne said...

og jeg som satt her og håpte på at du skulle legge ut flere bilder...:D

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Jan Inge Saltskår said...

Dine bønner ble hørt. Skal innom Ålesund i neste uke, så da kan du sikkert få se enda flere om du vil :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home