Saturday, July 29, 2006

Salmon Festival

Today I arrived by train in Kristiansand (south of Norway) at 4 AM and had to wait 5 hours for the bus. My first thought was: "Hey... Let's use the time to look around the city", but I haven't been drinking any coffee lately and I find it hard to sleep in the chair of a train, so I ended up trying to sleep on a severely hard tree bench on the train station. NSB (train company) - please show compassion and make your tree benches just a little softer. Please (pronounce it like Roger Rabbit would).

At 12 AM I started to twist balloons at a festival named "Laksefestivalen" (Salmon Festival) in Flekkefjord. This festival gathers around 10 000 - 15 000 people every year. This is the first time they have used a balloon artist. It was a bright and sunny day, really perfect for a festival. I also got to say hi to a magician named "Eddy Marvin" who was there to entertain. It's always cool to meet entertainers that have been doing it full time for many years.

Luckily I had booked a plane back to Oslo, so I didn't have to go one more night almost without sleep. For those who wonder... No, you wouldn't notice a lack of sleep while I'm entertaining. When I put my entertaining clothes on and meet the children, I'm wide awake. Always!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home