Monday, July 24, 2006

Cruise with Stena Line


Today was my birthday. I was amazed how many remembered. I hardly did myself. I was just about to invite friends to barbeque and swimming when I got a phone call… They needed an artist at Stena Line immediately. Stena Line is a cruise boat that goes in traffic between Oslo in Norway and Fredrikshamn in Denmark. They needed me for a whole week, but I had time only until Friday.

The rest of my birthday I was packing and preparing. In the evening I had a show in the bar lasting for half an hour. My workplan for the next days are as follows (starting in the morning):
12:30-01:00 Bowl with the kids
03:00-04:00 Be one of the teachers in a circus school for children
04:00-04:30 Assist my students in a circus show that entertains in the bar
07:00-07:30 Say “hi” to the new kids when they enter the boat.
09:00-09:30 Have a clown-show in the bar.

Not too bad. I live in a nice room. There are food and drinks available for free almost around the clock. There are good meals. I don’t have to make food or wash up myself. And my job is just to have a lot of fun with a lot of kids. So I got a five days dream cruise for my birthday present. Nice :)

Picture: I found this plaque on a wall on the harbour while I was waiting to get aboard the ship. In the inner circle of the plaque there is the following text: From Akershusneset started the transportation of 736 Jews with the ships "Donau", "Monte Rosa" and "Gothenland" to german death camps. Of 771 deported Jews, 32 survived.

3 Comments:

At 11:04 AM, Blogger Brett said...

That is so awesome!

 
At 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, seems just perfect for you! I'm happy on you account!

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Jan Inge Saltskår said...

Yep... I really enjoyed, although being on board a boat for days is very.... different. I started to miss my friends on the mainland already the second day. It is so crucial that the others on the boat are nice to be with, for how you are gonna like it. Luckily they were very nice people.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home